- This event has passed.
Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon 2015
April 4, 2015R30
The worlds most beautiful marathon is back with another offering of variety from its tradituinal Ultra Marathon to fun run/walk events.
Having grown since is inaugural edition in 1970 the Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon starts in Newlands and follows a fairly circular route through Muizenberg, Fish Hoek, over Chapman’s Peak and finishes at the University of Cape Town upper campus.
The various runs covered over the Easter weekend, event are as follows:
- 56 km Ultra-Marathon – Easter Saturday, 4 April 2015
- 21 km Half Marathon – Easter Saturday, 4 April 2015
- 22 km Trial Run – Good Friday, 3 April 2015
- 10 km Trial Run – Good Friday, 3 April 2015
Wheelchairs are not allowed on the 56km Ultra Marathon, but may participate in the 21km Half Marathon. No prams, strollers or similar devices will be permitted on either distance.
There are also a host of fun run’s to get the whole family involved. All these Two Oceans Fun Runs shall be taking place at the University of Cape Town (UCT) rugby fields, Upper Campus, Rondebosch on Friday, 3 April 2015.
These events have a registration fee of R 30 and are as follows:
- 5.6 km – Fun Run for the fitter and more adventurous runner/ walker (Limited to 3500)
- 2.1 km – for the young, the old and the not so fit (Limited to 2000)
- 56 m Nappy Dash – for kids between 1 to 3 years (limited to 300)
- 300 m Toddlers’ Trot – For kids aged between 4 to 6 years (limited to 350)
Prams and strollers are permitted for the 2.1 km and 5.6 km events only, but participation is at own risk. Pets are not permitted.
Please note, that the entries are closed for the Two Oceans Marathon 2015.