Lindy Emsley is a psychologist specializing in coaching, goal setting and GRIT, assisting people to reach their full potential. She is a marathon runner and love to coach and guide other runners, ranging from beginners to more serious sports athletes.
I believe that running is (and should be) fun. It has been proven to not only be good for your physical health, but also your mental health. Know your body and set your personal goal. No matter how slow or fast, crossing the finish line is memorable.
I live life by:
- Pushing beyond boundaries.
- Believing you can achieve anything if you put your mind to it, one step at a time.
- You have choices in life, make the right choices and live life to the fullest.
- Train your mind to see the good in every situation.
I try to live my life to the fullest, every day. I believe you have the choice in life to either be average, like everyone else, or to push yourself and your limits, to be the best.
About Lindy Emsley
Lindy obtained her Master’s degree in Industrial Psychology at Stellenbosch University and is registered as an Industrial Psychologist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPSCA). Prior to completing her BCom honours degree in Industrial Psychology, she studied Bsc Human Life Sciences and completed her Clinical Psychology honours degree. This has enabled a more scientific approach, focused on human potential and wellbeing.
Before becoming an independent Industrial / Organisational Psychology consultant, she spent over 8 years in the corporate world as an HR manager, Organisational Development specialist and Talent manager in the Retail, Health and Financial sectors. Lindy Emsley believes that each situation, person and organisation is unique and therefore uses the approach of conversation, diagnosis and assessment before designing and recommending proposed interventions.
As a registered Organisational Psychologist, Lindy’s expertise lies in understanding human behaviour, focusing on:
- Wellbeing coaching
- Stress management and the prevention of burnout
- Psychometric assessments (Personality and ability assessments) for recruitment, development and coaching
- Career guidance and subject choices
- Coaching for adults and employees
- Couples counseling
- Developing team effectiveness
- Increasing performance through GRIT
You can contact Lindy: