The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon is on track to becoming one of the world’s iconic marathons, such as the big marathons of New York and London, to name a few. With its picturesque race route, it showcases Cape Town’s history and natural beauty. CPT marathon is a race that suits both beginner and veteran runners.
The CPT Marathon serves as a qualifier for the Two Oceans Marathon and is an opportunity for runners to break records. The unnecessary hills have been shelved in order for runners to enjoy the mountains and sea and of course record great personal times.
The race will be staged on the weekend of the 19-20 September 2015, which leads the vibe towards Heritage Day on the 24 September. The race has a very festive atmosphere, because it seeks to celebrate Cape Town’s natural and cultural history.
The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon has 5 races that include 2 options for trail runners:
- Marathon 42.2 KM (20 September 2015)
- Cape Town Peace Run – 10 KM (20 September 2015)
- Peace Fun Run – 4,2 KM (19 September 2015)
- Peace Trail Run 22 KM (19 September 2015)
- Peace Trail Run – 11 KM (19 September 2015)
How to enter the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon 2015?
Entries open on the 1st of March 2015 and there are a 2 ways to enter:
- You can enter online on the Cape Town Marathon Page.Any queries contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 087 820 7223
- You can enter manually by downloading the race entry form then either faxing, posting or emailing with your proof of payment to either 086 595 2540 or PO BOX 783, Rondebosch, 7701 or email@example.com respectively
For more information you can check out the official website of the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon