Try this healthy and popular White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies recipe by our Wellness Advisor Arita Bagwandin.
Ingredients for White Choc Cranberry Cookies
Serves 2.5 dozen cookies
2 cups instant oats (if using regular oats, blend moderately fine first before using)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon powder
2/8 tsp salt
2 tbl coconut oil, melted
2 large eggs
4 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup honey/maple syrup – alternatively for an extra health conscious cookie, 1 cup equivalent of stevia may be used together with 14-16Tbl milk 1/2 cup cranberries
handful white choc chips
How to mix it:
- Whisk oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl. Blend in the coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla essence.
- Add the honey/maple syrup (or milk and stevia if using that instead).
- Add flour, mix till just combined.
- Fold in cranberries and white chocolate.
- Mix lightly.
- Chill mixture for 1/2hour.
Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius.
Using an ice cream scoop, drop scoop full of mixture on lined, greased tray. Flatten slightly. Bake for 12-15 mins.
Substitutions: If not keen on cranberries and/or white chocolate, one may omit the chocolate altogether or omit both and add raisins instead of cranberries.