Good health is fundamental to leading a full and active life. Getting the right nutrition is an important step towards good health and helping optimize your performance.
We all lead busy lives and need a program that is easy to follow and requires minimal preparation and planning. Use this simple 2-Week Weight-Loss Menu by our Nutritional Expert Megan Pentz-Kluyts to help kick-start your weight loss program.
5 Weight Loss Tips To Help Get You Started
1. Eat frequent meals. Research shows that if you eat regularly and distribute your food over 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day you are able to lose more fat, stay leaner and maintain a healthier metabolic rate.Tip: Set your mobile alarm to help get you into a routine of regular eating.
2. Choose to sit at a table and eat your meals and snacks with minimal or no distractions. Tip: if your couch is your favorite spot – not a problem, just switch off the telly while enjoying your meal.
3. Aim to drink sufficient water a day. The Nutrition Centre of the University of Stellenbosch highlights that although most people are familiar with the general recommendation for adults of 8 glasses of water per day. No single formula fits every individual or every situation and water intake recommendations also depend on other factors such as activity, humidity, climate, body temperature and body composition. Tip: Keep a water bottle in the car. Aim to start drinking at least 2 glasses of water/day and use a water bottle. Increase your intake of water by one glass every 5th day, until 6- 8 glasses a day are reached.
4. Plan a day in advance for greater success. Tip: Remember it’s what comes into the home that matters. Always shop with a shopping list. Eat before you shop. On one day a week take 7 zip-lock bags and pack in your daily snacks – store these bags in your fridge, ready to grab and run!
5. If you are already on a fitness program, continue with it and step it up a notch. For those who haven’t been running or exercising regularly, consult your doctor before starting any exercise program.
You can download here the Weight-Loss Program for a ‘Woman on the go’, which is including a meal plate and a 2-Weeks Weight Loss Menu.